Title : Snr C# Developer
Location : Cape Town (Mowbray)
At redPanda Software we have a decade of experience in developing customised software for the retail and financial industries. Working with clients in South Africa, Africa and the UK, we have built our reputation for producing the highest quality solutions across the following specialised business processes: Customer Experience, Point of Sale, Data Warehousing, Credit Management, Insurance and Payment Systems. Our core values are: Harmony, Pride, and Accountability in everything we do.
- Developing application software for any redPanda product and / or customised client solutions.
- Development extends to Front-end, Back-End and Databases and includes Presentation Layer, Business Logic, Data, Services.
- Maintenance, debugging and problem-solving of existing software products and / or custom client solutions.
- Review product requirements in order to give development estimates and product feedback.
- Unit testing / integration testing features developed.
- Technical documentation that shares knowledge effectively.
- Setting up new infrastructure environment for products and / or customised client solutions.
- Maintenance and updates to the existing infrastructure environment for the products and / or customised client solutions.
Day to day duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Developing software and solutions as per specifications or requirements provided.
- Unit testing / Integration testing.
- Working collaboratively as part of an Agile development team:
- Implementing business requirements as created and prioritised by the Product Owner.
- Deliver according to the Definition of Done requirement.
- Collaborating with other developers, testers and business analysts as required, including pair programming.
- Participate in technical planning and implementation meetings.
- Participate in Sprint Planning Development Cycles every 2 weeks.
- Participate in the Daily Standup meetings.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Participate in, and present demos where required.
- Participate in sessions with QA and business analyst to meet the delivery deadlines.
Mandatory Skills / Abilities required for the Job
Generalist, with a passion for, and proven track record in the following core competency areas:
- Frontend, Backend, Web API’s, Messaging and Databases
Technologies include but not limited to:
- Exposure to data tier abstraction technologies e.g. Web API’s, GraphQL, Micro services etc
- Json data structures
- Databases – Relational, Object, Key/Value Database experience necessary (MSSQL, MongoDB, Redis)
- Operating System (O/S) – Windows, Linux.
- Containers and orchestration (Docker, docker-compose, K8S)
- Exposure to any of the popular Testing Tools preferable.
- Cloud services and providers example AWS and Azure
Personal Attributes for this role:
- Delivery focused – Be deadline driven and adheres to Sprint deadlines.
- Team Player – must be able to work as part of a team.
- Self-Starter – Be able to work independently and contribute effectively to the team.
- Flexible/adaptable/approachable and willing to work in rapid changing, high delivery environment
- Keen attention to detail.
- IT Diploma or related Degree will be an advantage but is not essential.
- Exposure to Mercurial, Bamboo, Git, Bitbucket, Azure DevOps (continuous integration, continues delivery) an advantage.
- Good Object orientation and separation of concerns principals is a must.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment preferred but not essential.
- Solid understanding of design patterns and their application
- Competency based interview to assess above requirements
- Applicable assessment
- Background checks