Title : Software Development Lecturer
Location : Cape Town (Mowbray)
Powered by specialist enterprise retail software developer redPanda, redAcademy is a stand-alone organisation with a clear goal: give carefully chosen, talented South Africans the opportunity to sprint into their software careers by working closely with professional lecturers, industry-leading senior developers, and customers, designed to fast-track careers in the real world. Delivering software solutions to clients with no impact on their IT departments budget, capacity, or quality of software project delivery. Guaranteeing our candidates, known as Sprinters, who successfully complete the year in the Academy, a job.”
The ability to make a real impact in the course delivery and learners’ careers. The lecturer needs to buy in to the opportunity to design and mould the career sprint program. Eager to focus on the core delivery, within a professional office environment. Like any start-up there is the benefit of being adaptable to introduce and incorporate the most relevant industry changes and demands, whilst not losing sight of the core software development skills candidates will require.
Training Material Strategy
- Deliver overview of course plan in agreed timeframe, including test points.
- Deliver monthly training material and testing draft at agreed timeframe in advance of delivery, for peer review.
- Implement effective delivery techniques and structure which engages the audience
- Respect time of all through communicating and adhering to training schedule and agenda, including changes
- Delivery to be to appropriate size groups of candidates based on topics, to allow for discussion and questions.
- Self-Managed in setting and communicating project plan and need for resources in advance with sufficient time for support
- Evidence understanding and working with learners on areas of concern, flagging to relevant support member where additional coaching / assistance required
- Build clear habits and ceremonies to develop learners in a work-based learning environment
- Ensure adequate time for practice and projects allocated to allow for student work life balance
- Senior lecturer to manage mid-level and allocate time and responsibilities effectively to execute efficient delivery of course.
- Mid-level lecturer to allocate sufficient time for support and questions from candidates.
- Report within agreed timeframe to management on course overview, monthly training, test outcomes and learner development areas.
- Produce, store, and make available course material to team and learners, management project plan and course program to team and learners.
- Clear agreed evaluation of learners.
- 360 feedbacks of content and delivery at agreed intervals
- Senior to further be evaluated on leadership of mid-level trainer
Mandatory skills/ Abilities required to do the job:
- Delivery: Proven experience delivering technical concepts, full time, in a classroom, engaging an adult audience
- Excellent oral presentation skills, interpersonal communication, and writing skills.
- Clear ability to build full course material – relevance for senior, editing for mid-level
- Experience in adapting / reviewing material, taking guidance to remain relevant based on business recommendations
- Strong ability to test content delivery and understanding with candidates to adapt approach as needed and monitor candidates course progression
- Project management skills. Ownership and independence of delivery, structuring and timing displayed in previous role
- + 5 years’ Experience as a Software Development Lecturer
- Qualification in Information Systems or related
- Experience with UML
- Experience with C#, SQL, Java Script, CSS, and HTML
- Experience with other languages such as mobile development and Java
- Competency based interview to assess above requirements
- Applicable assessment
- Background checks
If you are interested in applying, please email your updated CV to [email protected]. Please add the name of the vacancy to the subject line of your email